Thursday, June 6, 2013

seeing stars



perhaps the october retreaters might recognize the batiks in these stars; we had a swap and my gift was a package of blue/turquoise/yellow batik charms and this is what i did with them.  these are 2 strips of 14 stars each for.....pillowcases!  my sheets are blue and yellow solids so these will go quite nicely, i think.  **** now that they are done, the old viking needs a bit of cleaning and then it's on to the next machine project, which is just takes 2.  this flimsy really has to get finished.  **** my little swap quilt is done and mailed, so now the maine quilts project is getting quilted.  this along with the other 2 little quilts that got basted the other day will keep me busy for a week or so.  by then hope i can finish the center diamond and then maybe pineapple blossom?  we'll see....  *** sun is shining but quite cool here today, lucky to see 60; rain is on the way for most of the weekend.  even with less than perfect weather, hope to enjoy the days....

5 comments:

  1. What a treat to come over and visit to see all your pretty eye candy! The little stars really show off those beautiful batiks, and the table runner makes me pant and drool, LOL. Nice frugal scraps too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little stars. What a great pillowcase trim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me gustan sus estrellas mucho!!!!!
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. How big are the stars? (See, I'm a glass half-full person. I could have said, "how small are they?") I hope your bedding is the type where your pillows go on top of the quilt/spread, not underneath, because your to-be-trimmed pillowcases need to be seen rather than hidden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new to me Wallpaper! Very New England.....Loving your stars too.

    ReplyDelete